Big day today:
- New York mag hits the nail on the head by describing Paul Ryan as every woman’s annoying libertarian ex-boyfriend. Paragraph 3 is truly amazing.
- Today, Barack Obama’s executive order offering functional amnesty to children brought to America illegally goes into effect.
- Who is the most pro-life presidential candidate? According to the National Catholic Reporter…Barack Obama. And their logic makes a lot of sense.
- Today in faux outrage, the Romney campaign flipped out over Joe Biden using the imagery of “chains” to suggest to a group including a number of African-Americans that the Romney-Ryan economic plan would return the poor and middle class to wage slavery. Birtherism remains completely cool though.
- An interesting reminder that there are political events taking place on the other side of the world. The President of Egypt dismissed a pair of military leaders involved in the military government that originally delayed elections. Note the article calls this a “power grab” which is true, but a pretty ironic term for the democratically elected President of a country ousting the leaders of a military junta.
- Dave Weigel puts it best: “And so Chris Shays’s career really, truly ends with a 50-point landslide defeat to the co-founder of the WWF.”
- On the podcast, we noted that Mitt Romney pitched a constitutional amendment that would have made Paul Ryan an illegal candidate for Vice-President. Not to be outdone, Paul Ryan sponsored a bill that would have put Romney’s son Tagg in prison because Tagg’s wife conceived with the assistance of in vitro fertilization. So Mitt and Paul are now even.