- Charles Pierce writes a beautiful review of the debate. Seriously worth reading.
- Did you think Romney did all right in the debate? You may have been reading the Fox News transcript of the debate, which was edited to improve his answers.
- Gallup is going to be interesting to watch because they seem hellbent on bucking the other polls. They now have Romney up by 6 nationally in their tracker taken before last night’s debate. I think this reflects a screwy likely voter screen, but we’ll see how it shakes out over the next few days.
- Ed Kilgore sees the GOP response to Benghazi much as I do — a potentially powerful issue that conservatives have botched because of their inability to get out from behind their ideological cloud to make an argument.
- If you ever wondered how someone can be a conservative, Erick Erickson provides a lesson — it requires shutting off your brain completely. Quote:
The President tried to claim that the reason gas prices were so low in 2008 was because the economy was so bad. He actually wanted the audience to believe that the economy is going gangbusters now as a reason for $4.00 gasoline — a delusion the undecided voters clearly did not buy. His words — he said that gas prices were so low because of the economy, which clearly means he thinks it is so high now because of the recovery.
You see how “gas prices plummeted because of the economic freefall” is not at all the same as, “gas prices are high because of a booming economy?” Well that’s because you’re not a conservative trying to bend economic reality to fit your debunked political ideology.